10 Filipinos showing up from HK in Cebu put through 14-day quarantine

Home / Online Bride Search / 10 Filipinos showing up from HK in Cebu put through 14-day quarantine

10 Filipinos showing up from HK in Cebu put through 14-day quarantine

By Calvin Cordova

CEBU CITY – Authorities right here have begun applying the quarantine that is mandatory Filipinos showing up from Asia as well as its unique administrative areas Macau and Hong Kong.

On Monday, 10 Filipino people whom arrived from Hong Kong aboard a Cathay Pacific trip at 10: 48 a.m. Monday had been the very first batch to go through a 14-day mandatory quarantine within the measure to stop the spread of 2019 novel Coronavirus Acute breathing Disease (ARD).

Passengers putting on face masks whom arrived from Guangzhou, Asia lineup for immigration during the Ninoy Aquino airport terminal in Manila, Philippines, 22 January 2020. (Ali Vicoy / FILE PICTURE / MANILA BULLETIN)

Ten other Filipino people aboard a split cathay pacific flight were also scheduled to reach at 6 p.m. Monday.

Cebu Governor Gwendolyn Garcia on presided at a meeting to discuss the quarantine guidelines with officials of the Bureau of Immigration, Bureau of Quarantine, Department of Health, Mactan Cebu International Airport Authority, GMR-Megawide Cebu Airport Corporation (GMCAC) and Philippine National Police (PNP) monday.

“The quarantine is with in line using the directive given because of the President to ban www.mail-order-bride.net/korean-brides the entry of international nationals except FiIipinos and permanent visa that is resident originating from Asia and its particular unique administrative areas,” stated Garcia.

Discussed when you look at the meeting had been the procedures associated with mandatory quarantine.

“We had to abruptly end the conference since there is a showing up cathay pacific journey,” said Garcia.

Garcia stated underneath the quarantine that is mandatory the people will never be permitted to go back home and can maybe not be banned from mingling with regards to families.

Upon arrival, the people will submit a mandatory health type and may be delivered to an isolation space at MCIA.

“BOQ and BI workers is certainly going towards the people so they really don’t need certainly to mingle with other people,” said Garcia.

Airport workers would be the ones to create the luggage in to the passengers that are isolated.

“The people together with families would be precisely briefed in regards to the procedures that are whole” said Garcia.

The passengers will be brought to the Eversley Childs Sanitarium and General Hospital in Mandaue City which was one of the quarantine facilities that the DOH identified from the airport.

Garcia stated the likelihood of letting them carry on house quarantine has also been being examined.

“They passengers could also decide to go through house quarantine but we have been still finalizing the protocols,” said Garcia.

Besides the medical center in Mandaue, the ladies and kids Development Center in Barangay Sudlon, Cebu City and a rehabilitation center in Pinamungajan city, Cebu had been additionally defined as quarantine facilities.

Police Brig. Gen. Valeriano de Leon, chief associated with Police Regional Office-Central Visayas (professional 7), said they certainly were assisting DOH area 7 in tracing the locations that the 38-year-old woman that is chinese in Dumaguete City.

The woman tested good for the virus.

“We are prepared to assist but we also provide our measures that are own protect our males through the virus,” said De Leon.